- Personal identification including name, email address, postal address, country, payment method, and other verification information required to process an order.
- Anonymous data (age range, country of origin, time spent on the website, page viewed, gender, date of subscription, total sales)
How do we collect your data?
We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Subscribe to our newsletter by submitting your email address to us via the form.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
- Contact us via email.
Soundbites PBC may also receive your data indirectly from other online sources including, but not limited to Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube.
How do we use your data?
- To process your order and manage your account.
- To email you with special offers on other products and services.
- To respond to your enquiries via email or phone.
- To analyze de-identified customer data provided by data analytics tools.
- To improve user experience on our website.
We do not rent or sell your personal information to anyone.
We may share and disclose customer information in the following strictly limited circumstances:
- Vendors, consultants and other service providers we employ may be provided with permission to access limited customer information to perform tasks on our behalf. These companies include e-commerce technology services and software providers (e.g., Shopify, ReCharge); payment processing providers (e.g. Authorize.net and Evalon); online marketing services providers (e.g., Klaviyo, VerifyPass, Okendo); shipping providers (USPS, UPS, DHL, FedEx).
- If we receive your Personal Information in the United States and subsequently transfer that information to a third-party agent or service provider for processing, we remain responsible for ensuring that the third party agent or service provider processes your personal information under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and GDPR standards (see the sections below headed “Additional Information for Users in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)” and “International Data Transfers”). Unless we tell you differently and you consent, our agents do not have any right to use personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- If we (or our assets) are acquired, or go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personal information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our agreements with you and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Soundbites PBC, our employees, our users, or others.
- Disclosures for National Security or Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal information in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
How do we store your data?
Soundbites PBC protects personal information against unauthorized access. We have appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures in place to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Personal Information is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Soundbites PBC securely stores your data only on remote servers with the following providers: Shopify, ReCharge, Authorize.net, Evalon, Klaviyo, Okendo.
However, no company or service can guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. Among other practices, your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Soundbites PBC will keep your personal data for up to 5 years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by removing your data from our systems.
Soundbites PBC would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies, but first, you must agree to receive this information, and you always retain the right to opt-out to stop Soundbites PBC from contacting you for any marketing purposes whatsoever by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your data protection rights?
Every Soundbites customer is entitled to the following rights:
- The right to access - You have the right to request Soundbites PBC for copies of your personal data. You request this by emailing email@example.com.
- The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Soundbites PBC correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Soundbites to complete information you believe is incomplete. You can request this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Soundbites PBC erase your personal data, under certain conditions. You can do this by downloading and completing the GDPR Right to be Forgotten form and emailing it to email@example.com.
- The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Soundbites PBC restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Soundbites PBC processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Soundbites PBC transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you.
- California residents - You are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collection of Data from Children - We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for any of our services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 16, we will delete that information directly. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com.
International Data Transfers – Additional information for users in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
This section contains further information about privacy rights for customers who are residents of the European Economic Area.
Soundbites PBC follows the privacy principles concerning transfers of personal information from the EEA to the United States, including personal information we receive from individuals residing in the EEA who visit our website and/or who may use our services or otherwise interact with us.
For users located in the EEA, the term ‘personal information’ used in this policy is equivalent to the term ‘personal data’ under the EU GDPR.
Soundbites PBC protects personal information in compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. We also only process your personal information if we have your explicit consent.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, see the US Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website located at www.privacyshield.gov.
We are also committed to resolving complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. If you are a EEA resident and have an unresolved privacy or personal information collection, use, or disclosure concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact your local Data Protection Authority.
Soundbites PBC will always fully cooperate with any regulatory request. We are required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us: 2370 East Stadium Blvd., Ann Arbor, MI 48104, USA.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keep you signed in
- Understand how you use our website
- Assist you with the navigation of the website
- Functionality - Soundbites PBC uses these cookies to recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include your location and language preference.
- Advertising - Soundbites PBC uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Soundbites PBC sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Analytics - these cookies allow us to measure and analyze how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us